- HyperDev: Developer playground for building full-stack web apps, fast
- CodePen: Playground for the front end side of the web
- Blockbuilder: Make it easier for you to make blocks
- Crowbar: Bookmarklet that extracts SVG nodes and accompanying styles from an HTML document and downloads them as an SVG file
- svgsaver: works with C3.js
- xvg: A Chrome extension for debugging SVG paths by converting them to outlines and displaying anchors, control points, handles and arc ellipses.
- rMaps Interactive Maps from R: makes it easy to create, customize and share interactive maps from R
- Mapstarter: A tool for turning a geographic data file into a map for the web
- Awesome Base Layers
- Locator: A customizable, in-browser locator map creator.
- Mapshaper: Tools for editing Shapefile, GeoJSON and TopoJSON files
- Datamaps.co: A free and simple platform for creating visualizations with data maps
- Mapinseconds: Turns your spreadsheet data into maps
- geojson.io: a quick, simple tool for creating, viewing, and sharing maps.
- SRTM 90m Digital Elevation Data: The CGIAR-CSI GeoPortal is able to provide SRTM 90m Digital Elevation Data for the entire world.
- SRTM Tile Grabber: This interface attempts to ease the pain of downloading elevation data from the Shuttle Radar Topography Mission.
- Sentinel Playground: Global coverage of the Earth’s land surface every 10 days at resolutions up to 10 meters.
- Tilezen: Open source tiles and libraries, sponsored by Mapzen
- Geo Maps: High Quality GeoJSON maps programmatically generated
- Gravit Designer: Free powerful design tool on any platform
- C3.js: D3-based reusable chart library
- RAW: The missing link between spreadsheets and vector graphics.
- Vega-lite: Provides a concise JSON syntax for supporting rapid generation of visualizations to support analysis
- Koto.js: A d3 framework for reusable charts
- Britecharts: Client-side reusable Charting Library based on D3.js v4 that allows easy and intuitive use of charts and components that can be composed together creating amazing visualizations.
- idyll: a tool that makes it easier to author interactive narratives for the web
- Frappé Charts: Simple, responsive, modern SVG Charts with zero dependencies
- The Google Drive CMS: The Google Drive CMS is a Google Sheet with a custom menu option to publish the content of that spreadsheet to your site’s API.
- Cosmic: API first CMS
- headlesscms: A List of Content Management Systems for JAMstack Sites
- Strapi: Node.js Content Management Framework (headless-CMS) to build API
- static api generator: Generate a static JSON API from a tree of directories and files
- Browserling Dev Tools: A collection of the most popular developer tools all in one place
- HTML Compress: This online HTML compression tool will save space in your HTML files
- Mr. Data Converter: convert your Excel data into one of several web-friendly formats, including HTML, JSON and XML
Audio and Video
- Soundcite: Inline audio players
- AutoEdit: Text Based Video Editing, node NWJS Os X desktop app, with Backbone front end.
- Convert to Webm: How to convert any video into webm format using libvpx with vp8 codec for video
- Mo.js: Motion graphics toolbelt for the web
- two.js: library for two-dimensional drawing in modern browsers, rendering to SVG, canvas, and WebGL
- paper.js: framework for rendering vector graphics to canvas
- Awesome Public Datasets: An awesome list of high-quality open datasets in public domains (on-going)
- Data Portals: A Comprehensive List of Open Data Portals from Around the World
- Data Ipsum: Realistic placeholder data generator
- Draw My Data: Just click in the scatter plot below to add point
- Google Trends: Download and play with key datasets from Google Trends
- NICAR Data Library: The following is a list of databases maintained by NICAR.
- ProPublica Data Store: Browse data sets about Health, Criminal Justice, Education, Politics, Business, Transportation, or Military.
- Enigma: Enigma puts private and public data to work to solve the world’s most challenging operational problems.
- The Dataverse Project: Open source research data repository software
- Lists: A gallery of real data ready to be placed in your design. Kind of like an App Store for fake content.
- WhatFont: The easiest way to identify fonts on web pages.
- Typewolf: Helps designers choose the perfect font combination for their next design project
- TypeMotion: A bookmarklet that helps setting typographic rythm in a text
- CSS Tricks Line Length: Bookmarklet to Colorize Text Between 45 and 75 Characters (for line-length testing)
- TypeSample: A bookmarklet for identifying and sampling webfonts.
- Datalegreya: Font that mingles charts with text
- Butler: Free serif typeface inspired by a mix between both Dala Floda & the amazing Bodoni family.
- Anderson Grotesk: Free sans-serif typeface
- Fontplop: OSX/macOS application which takes ttf and otf files and outputs a webfont bundle: woff2, woff, tff, svg, and eot.
- Spectral: Spectral is a new and versatile serif face available in seven weights of roman and italic, with small caps.
- Spark: a typeface for creating sparklines in text
- Color.hailpixel: An easy way to create and share color palettes with just a swipe of your finger.
- Awesome-list Colorful: A curated list of awesome resources to choose your next color scheme
- Palettable: Generate beautiful color palettes, even with no prior design knowledge
- ColorBrewer: Web tool for guidance in choosing choropleth map color schemes
- Open Color: Open color is an open-source color scheme optimized for UI like font, background, border, etc.
- JSDelivr: The advanced open source public CDN
- RawGit: Serves raw files directly from GitHub with proper Content-Type headers.
- HTML Code Sniffer: A client-side script that checks HTML source code and detects violations of a defined coding standard
- tota11y: an accessibility visualization toolkit
- AdminLTE: A fully responsive admin template. Based on Bootstrap 3 framework.
- Boilrplate: A curated directory of boilerplates to help you start your projects.
- BotKit: Open-source toolkit for creating bots for messaging platforms
- ChatFuel: Build a Facebook bot without coding
- The Accessibility Cheatsheet: Extensive guidelines and highlight some practical examples of what we can do to implement them and make our websites more accessible.
- Unsplash: Free (do whatever you want) high-resolution photos.
- Unsplash it: Beautiful placeholders using images from unsplash
- PlaceholdIt: A quick and simple image placeholder service.
- HTML Arrows: A comprehensive reference website for finding HTML symbol codes and entities
- Creating Styleguides: All about creating design style guides
- NYT Why we are Doing Fewer Interactives: New York Times presentation on three rules for visual storytelling
- Emoji Unicode Tables: Commonly-supported Emoji that map to standardized Unicode characters
- Citysets: A growing collection of free city-based icon sets
- Visual Vocabulary: There are so many ways to visualise data - how do we know which one to pick?
- HTML5 Pattern: a source of regularly used regex Input-Patterns.
- CSS Reference: a visual guide to CSS
- Libraries.io: The Open Source discovery search.
- Docute: Effortlessly documentation done right
- How to implement scrollytelling with six different libraries: How to tackle a simple scroll-driven chart using six different libraries
- Feather Icons: open-source icons
- Data Viz Project: This is a website trying to present all relevant data visualizations, so you can find the right visualization and get inspiration on how to do it.
- Pexels: Best free stock photos in one place
- Burst: Download free photos to fuel your next project
- ISO Republic: Free Stock Photos for Creative Professionals
- Devhints: a modest collection of cheatsheets
- Data Viz Design Guide: Use these simple checklists to turn terrible visualizations into stunningly adequate ones.
- Pym iFrames: Embeds and resizes an iframe responsively (width and height) within its parent container
- Sticky State: A high performant module making native position:sticky statefull and polyfilling the missing sticky browser feature
- Comma Chameleon: A desktop CSV editor for data publishers
- ScrollStory: A jQuery plugin for building scroll-based stories
- Swiper: A modern touch slider which is focused only on modern apps/platforms to bring the best experience and simplicity
- Graph Scroll: Simple scrolling events for d3 graphs. Based on stack
- Choreographer.js: A simple library to take care of complicated animations.
- Modaal: An accessible dialog window library for all humans.
- blueimp Gallery: Touch-enabled, responsive and customizable image and video gallery, carousel and lightbox, optimized for both mobile and desktop web browsers.
- regexgen: Generate regular expressions that match a set of strings.
- scrollMonitor: A simple and fast API to monitor elements as you scroll
- ScrollMagic: helps you to easily react to the user’s current scroll position.
- Tachyons TLDR: Quick lookup for tachyon classes, scales and colour palette
- Scotty JS: Deploy static websites and single page apps to AWS S3 and CloudFront with a single command
- envup: Node CLI tool to configure environment variables
- Adobe CC Scripts Panel: Scripting Panel for After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Stout: It takes a website and uploads it to S3 in a more reliable way than other tools.
- Netlify: CDN, Continuous deployment, 1 click HTTPS, and all the services you need.
- Staticland: Static sites with free, automatic SSL for custom domains.
- Buttondown: The easiest way to start and grow your newsletter.
- Tinyletter: TinyLetter is a personal newsletter service brought to you by the people behind MailChimp
- The New School’s Journalism Design: Journalism and design resources
- Awesomeness Search: To retrieve all amazing awesomeness from Github
- List of List: The definitive list of lists (of lists) curated on GitHub
- Web Field Manual: A curated list of resources focused on documenting only the best knowledge for designing experiences and interfaces on the web.
- Awesome Interactive Journalism: A list of awesome interactive journalism projects
- markapp: The goal of this site is to collect and promote JS libraries that can be used without writing any JS.
- lists.design: A gallery of real data ready to be placed in your design. Kind of like an App Store for fake content. Want to design with real data ? There’s a list for that.
- Newsroom.Tools: Explore our curated digital toolbox built by journalists, for journalists
If you want to add to this list please make a pull request: GitHub Source